Monday, May 7, 2007

Random Weekend Notes

Last weekend I was feeling calm, cool and collected. This weekend was a different story.

Saturday, I came down with a stomach bug. We have no bathroom on our first floor. I had to secure Lila in her swing and make mad dashes up and down the stairs hoping Olivia would not do too much damage to her sister. I guess I could have spent the day upstairs. But, that would have meant bringing all the toys up there. At any rate, we got through it.

Lila cut her first tooth. I have no idea when. I noticed it on Saturday. It felt like it had been there for several days. How could I have missed it?

I don't know if Olivia is sleeping too much or too little or too late into the afternoon during nap. It's a very difficult situation as I have both my girls' taking naps at the same time. Very nice. However, I may have to shorten Olivia's nap because after she's been put to bed between 7:30-7:45 every night, she plays for nearly two hours. I find myself making up to a dozen trips to her room. She's still getting up at 6:45am. She's usually takes a nap from 12:45-3:00. Instead of a 2-3 hour nap, does she only need a 1.5 hour nap or should I be putting her down at 12:00?? One friend suggested taking it away from her altogether. I can't handle that and I don't think that's the answer quite yet. Throw the potty training issue into it and it becomes even more complicated! I wonder if the sleep issues ever end?? If anyone has any tricks/suggestions/tips, let me know!

Matt'll be home tomorrow. He didn't make it through ROP. But, the DCO decided that he's a good candidate and he should try again in August. Matt's commander is going to make sure he has a "back-up" assignment in place that he'll pull out of if he does make it through ROP in August. It's still a ways off. Who knows - something better may turn up!

I'm grateful for Matt's return as I'm exhausted. Most single parents go it alone near family. Not most military families. Two children under the age of two and half is hard work!

I didn't take any pictures due to my ailment. I'll try to post more later this week.

No comments: