Monday, September 10, 2007

Pictures


Olivia putting her cousin, Cyprien, to "bed."

I haven't posted any pictures in over a month. So, here's a couple pictures from our layover in NJ on our way here. Several of my family members and Matt's showed up at our hotel to enjoy a short visit with our family.

Olivia likes to put everyone to bed. Her babies, her parents, her sister, etc. The above picture was of her putting her cousin down for his nap.


Aunt Robin with Lila

Below, Olivia and Cyprien playing in the pool. Olivia loves to swim and, recently, we bought her a small pool for our backyard patio. Lila has spent some time enjoying it also.

Saturday evening, Matt and I got a sitter and went out to dinner. I'm afraid we'll lose our sitter because Olivia, for the third or fourth time in a row, gave our sitter a really hard time. This time, she kicked and screamed her way up the stairs on the way to bed. After being put to bed, she screamed and cried for over an hour. I'm really hoping her recent behavior issues have something to do with all the recent changes in her life. In the mean time, Matt and I are trying to come up with gentle, yet effective ways of curbing her recent behavior issues....

Matt and I took the girls into Sintra on Sunday. Sintra is a romantic town with historic remains of castles. I'll try to post some pictures of our visit towards the end of the week. Each time we would enter a room Olivia would say, "I've never been here before, Dad." And when we were in a restaurant and she spotted horses outside she exclaimed, "I really want to see them, I really do. Just for a little bit."

Other than that, the weekend was mostly uneventful. We spent some time shopping for a new TV, VOIP phone, and we went to a couple home improvement centers (like Home Depot or Lowes). We'll end up buying most everything through the military store. But, it's nice to actually have plenty of options available to us - unlike our limited options in Alaska.

We now have SKYPE service set up with a United States number. If I missed emailing it out to you and you would like it, let me know.

No comments: