Sunday, October 21, 2007

Recipe Corner

I don't know about you, but I love a quick and easy meal, side dish or dessert. So, I thought I'd post a quick and easy Portuguese side that's popular here. I'm not a bean lover, but this recipe is tasty, easy and a great pot-luck addition:

Portuguese Bean Salad

1-2 cans of black-eyed peas or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1-2 Hard Boiled Eggs, chopped
1 Can of Tuna, drained
1 Diced onion
Freshly chopped parsley (to taste - I used quite a bit)
Olive Oil
Red or White wine vinegar


In salad bowl, combine beans, eggs, tuna, onion and parsley. Add olive oil and vinegar to taste (go easy on the vinegar and taste test as you go). Refrigerate until chilled and enjoy!

Note: For all you vegetarians, tofu could be an easy substitute for the tuna. You'll probably have to refrigerate a little longer to allow the tofu to pick up the flavor.

1 comment:

The Dunns said...

Sounds good! Can't wait to try it!
Holly