Saturday, November 3, 2007

Obidos

Many moms in my Mums and Tots group have encouraged Matt and I to visit Obidos. It's about a 1.5 hour drive from the town in which we live. We got off to an early start; listening to songs such as "Row Row Your Boat" and "Wheels on the Bus" all the way. This had to be one of my favorite locations so far. You can walk on the wall (scary as there is nothing to stop you from falling off the edge if you trip). The shops were cute and, often, you could see local artisans sewing or painting their particular craft. The local cherry liqueur was available for taste-testing and, of course, sale (yummy!). Outside the wall, I purchased local honey and fruit from vendors.

And, of course, I had to add a picture of Olivia bringing her doll, Ellie, to the bathroom. That took up ten-minutes of our time because Ellie had to pee, then poop. It took Ellie a long time to go and after she finished, Olivia had to help wipe her. The face Olivia is in the process of making is because I wasn't giving Ellie her privacy! I was really hoping that the girls would fall asleep in the car on the way back home. After-all, they had had a few hours of stimulation, sun (it was in the mid-70's) and a big lunch. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. Lila whimpered all the way home and Olivia fell asleep about 20-minutes before we arrived home. I was really nervous that it would be a bad evening. Sometimes I start to wonder why we do so much traveling with these young girls. Spending most of the day out nearly every Saturday or Sunday is so hard on them. I thought they would get used to it and they haven't. Fortunately, it wasn't too bad today. Olivia caught up, over the phone, with an old friend from Alaska and, later, Lila joined Olivia in getting her dolls ready for bed.

I think we'll reserve tomorrow for walking on the beach, relaxing and napping!

No comments: