Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Morning at the Park


I started off my day a little frustrated. My DH usually leaves the house very early. Around 5:30-5:45. Early enough that the girls are still in a very deep sleep. When he sleeps in, he chances waking the girls up. I should NOT complain about this because I know that, for the most part, I'm spoiled. Many toddlers are up around the time Matt walks about the door. However, we're used to getting up at 8:00am. When he left at 6:30 this morning, he woke both girls up on his way out the door. Who knows if it was his electric shaver or the dog being let out. At any rate, they were up and I was tired from getting up twice with Lila last night (teething issues-currently ongoing). Somehow, after explaining to Olivia that 6:30 was way too early to be getting up, I got her to crawl into bed with me and Lila went back to bed after a quick nursing session. By 8:30, I crawled out of bed, got dressed and grabbed a babbling Lila out of her crib. Olivia slept for another 20 or 30 minutes.

So, the morning, off to a better start than I had expected after the early morning situation, was going well. The sun decided to peak out and off we went to the park. Olivia decided to put on her "sun" hat and bring Diego along for the ride in the stroller. We spent a good hour at the park. I should have brought a book or magazine to read while Lila crawled around and Olivia took Diego down the slide and pushed him on the swing.

Spending the morning at the park or beach always helps them nap longer. So, I was able to enjoy a nice long shower and afternoon to myself. I wish I could say I did more than throw in a load of laundry and start the dishwasher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my ERGO and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! We fly out of here on the 9th. Chad arrives prior to all of us...am I crazy?!?!?

Angie said...

Ok, Brenda, reading your comment, I wish that Allen had left earlier than the rest of us. It would have been easier to start.

I love the pictures, Natalie. I wish we had a nicer park close, but at least we can use it more of the year than we could in Alaska!

The Dunns said...

Wow - must be nice to get out of the house and go to a park during the winter! The temp here is hovering around zero and we got a foot of snow last night. Praise God for the indoor playgrounds at the army and air force bases here!!