Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh No! A New Addiction!

I have enough addictions. I'm addicted to chocolate, Internet browsing, blogging, red wine, coffee, squandering my time and so on. I don't need to add to the list.

However, when I was browsing my cloth diapering board the other day, I noticed, for the millionth time, a mention of a website titled, Etsy. My interest finally peaked, I decided to take a look.

It's a site selling all things handmade. From cute baby bibs and matching burp rags, to infant and toddler hair clips, to neckties for little boys, to handbags and diaper bags, to art, quilts and children's toys. A little bit like eBay (remember, all handmade here as is not the case on eBay) but without the bidding!

You all know that my somewhat crunchy-self appreciates handmade products. I'm all about supporting the work-at-home mom, and since I've been avoiding most plastic toys like the plague for several months now, this site will be my go-to site for baby shower gifts, and toy and clothe shopping for my girls. This site will certainly go on my list of favorite sites I have listed on my sister site.

Since yesterday, I've ordered doll diapers and hair clips. I've only spent $20, including shipping. However, I am in big trouble here! I've already sent an email off to my sister asking if she'd like me to buy her son a necktie I thought was cute. I've also linked my mother. This site is grandma-friendly as it's free to sign up for an account, easy to search the site and place an order.

Am I behind the times? Have you all been shopping here for months or years?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Considering how many boards I'm on, it's no surprise that I've been familiar with etsy for a while now, although the last time I actually purchased from a seller was through a coop and not the actual site itself. So, I'd say you are only behind the times if you consider yourself board savvy :)

Amie Davis said...

I just learned about this site in November. Our old classmate Amy Zweighaft (now married) sells some homemade cards on there. I'll have to send you a link to her stuff!

Angie said...

Etsy is awesome!