- Upon noticing it is cloudy: "Mom, I think it's going to rain."
- "Mama, do you love me?" Reciting a line from a favorite book.
- "Mom, is this a fancy dress I'm wearing?" After reading, "Fancy Nancy."
- "My baby has a diaper rash."
- "Daddy, we need to put more hair on your head."
- "No, I can do it. I'm a big girl."
- "I dreamed about princesses."
- "I can't go to bed right now. I'm nursing my baby with my Taggie!"
- When being asked to do something: "No, I think you can do it."
- "Mom! We don't say that word. It is a bad one!" After mommy says a bad word by accident.
- "I'm going to get into trouble."
- "Please GO AWAY, I need my privacy."
Olivia is excited to start swimming lessons. Here first lesson is today. We went to the sports store yesterday. She got her face painted (you can see the blurry remains of a flower on her face in the picture above) and we purchased a new swimsuit and swimming cap (mandatory at the pool). I was worried she wouldn't wear it. Obviously, not a problem as you can see! I'm, actually, glad they wear caps because I was afraid her ultra-blonde hair would turn green with all the chlorine.
Her other current interests are: Going to the park, using what little Portuguese she does know (yes, hello, goodbye, good day, etc.) on strangers that pass us during our walks and to Matt and I, playing with Playdough (with Lila), painting, building sandcastles and riding her bike. She is safety conscience and makes sure to always wear her helmet.
- "No, Nali, NO!"
- "Quack Quack"
Lila also enjoys building sandcastles, playing with Playdough, singing, dancing, and taking clothes out of drawers. She is gaining more confidence as she is walking more and more often and smoothly every day.
Olivia is now three and Lila is 15-months. Both girls still enjoy a two hour nap in the afternoon and 11-12 hours of sleep every night! We are so fortunate to continue to have such great sleepers (they must get it from Matt's side of the family)!