- Reduce portion sizes. Currently, I have no self-control. If a dish or dessert is good, I could eat every last morsel in the pan (and it shows on my fat arse). I recently read a tip I'll try: Serve your meals on a smaller plate (small salad plate) and don't go back for seconds.
- Eat more fish. We live on the Portugal coast. Why we don't eat fish on a weekly basis is beyond me and a bit shameful. There are fresh fish markets everywhere. Partially, it's because I don't really know how to cook fish well (I'm determined to take some fish-related cooking classes) and my husband is picky about fish. Especially since living in Alaska and consuming some of the best fish in the world.
- Continue to reduce and eliminate the amount of foods we consume with hydrogenated fat, artificial flavors, preservatives and coloring.
- Do more art and creative projects with my kids. Including building more sandcastles down at the beach!
- Aid my husband in financial management. Currently, Matt manages all the finances and that's really shameful on my part. While finances and investing are passions of his, I need to do more in watching what I spend and being aware of where we are at financially.
- Exercise!! Not easy to do here when all the gyms that have daycare are WAY beyond our budget and our double stroller is WAY too wide for any streets in our neighborhood. But, I am determined to at least get out most days of the week with Lila on my back, Liv in the stroller and walk for a full hour.
- Commit to planning two weeks of meals and stock up at the grocery store twice a month instead of twice a week (this would not include fresh ingredients and fruit).
- LEARN MORE PORTUGUESE!!!! I know enough to somewhat get by. But, it's a beautiful Latin language that I need to commit more time to!
- Spend less time on the internet! I'm blogging and browsing addicted!
What are your resolutions?